Thursday, June 11, 2020

Going on a Journey

Summer road trips. We have to have them. Go to the beach, the mountains, cousins, grandma's or to that one very special ice cream place that you just have to go to each year.
Luckily, most of our cars have entertainment systems, or kids have video games, tablets, or books to entertain themselves. But what happens when those devices die? Or a child gets car sick (always have throw up bags in your car). In my old car we had an entertainment system so the kids could watch movies. My current car, we have nothing like that. 

So how do we get by in 2020?

We make it work. 

I bring books, ipad, video games and put them in the front of the car and hold out as long as i possibly can before giving them to the kids. 

Then we play as many car games that we can think of. 
- 20 questions
- I spy
- ABC
- State license plate
- I'm going on a journey

When we last played I'm going on a journey we made it through I think 3 rounds before I lost. If you haven't played it is a simple repetitive game that requires short term memory skills.

Don't worry you guys, I wrote you an example using yoga poses!


Come on children it's time to go
On a journey for us to grow

All circled up we’re together
Ready to act and mimic each other. 

One by one we will go around 
Taking turns till we have found
we finished them all, or our memory’s gone
Then we lay down and no longer go on. 
...
[ Vera]I’m going on a journey and I will take
My favorite triangle that I make

[Joe] I’m going on a journey and I will bring
A triangle, and a warrior to warn the king. 

[ Sam]I’m going on a journey and I will have to bear
A triangle, warrior 1, and a half moon in the air

[ teacher] I’m going on a journey and I will lend
A triangle, warrior 1, a half moon, and my best dog friend.

[ Vera]  I’m going on a journey and I’m going to provide
A triangle, warrior 1, half moon, downward dog, and a plank to ride. 

[ Joe] I’m going on a journey and I’m going to insist
A triangle, warrior 1, half moon, downward dog, plank and camel are not missed

[ Sam] I’m going on a journey and I can’t let
A triangle, warrior 1, half moon, downward dog, plank, camel, and bow are forget.

[teacher] I’m going on a journey and I will find
A triangle, warrior 1, half moon, downward dog, plank, camel, bow, and candlestick are all aligned. 

[ Vera] I’m going on a journey and I will see
A triangle, warrior, half moon, downward dog, plank, camel, bow, candlestick and a plow are done with glee. 

[ Joe] I’m going on a journey and I’m bringing the best
Triangle, warrior, half moon, downward dog, plank, camel, bow, candlestick, plow and finally a well deserved rest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment