Thursday, May 28, 2020

Inspiration

As I learn more about becoming a writer, and trying to get my work published I am learning about the do's and don'ts of blogging. There is so much for me to learn, and I am eager to just let everything come out for everyone to see. 

I am working on a few new poems, and it is amazing where the inspiration comes from. I honestly have been inspired by my Grandmother Barbara a lot. She always has been a writer, and while I never fully appreciated it growing up I can appreciate it now. Honestly she should work for ESPN. She would be one of their best writers. 
Today's poem took from a game that we used to play on car rides home. "We are going on a trip" now as I let that poem sit and simmer with me. As I continue to work out who I am as a writer I will keep you informed. But here's a stanza from the new poem. 

"Come on children it's time to go

On a journey for us to grow

All circled up together

Ready to act and mimic each other. "



No comments:

Post a Comment